Friday, May 04, 2007

Patty over at Morning Ramble, is a brand new Grandma, to beautiful Mei- Ling. Instead of having their little miracle at home to love and enjoy, she is in the NICU with some extremely challenging problems.

The power of prayer is a wonder we cannot explain, and I'm asking that you include Mei-Ling and her family in yours. If prayer is not a regular part of your day, please send as much positive energy as you can to a tiny baby in Texas and her scared (first-time) parents, Melanie and Casi. If enough of us believe that she'll be home soon and well, it will happen.

No quilty news from me today - except that the RWB quilt is selling tickets at an alarming rate! It's already sold over $100 worth in 2 days, and we'll be selling them for 2 months! As to what to call this venture; well, we try not to call it anything. "Raffle" quilt is an old term that fits, even tho the semantics aren't exactly what the Gaming Commission wants us to use. DH is an Investigator for our state GC, and he suggested we try to avoid calling it anything, but "drawing" or "fund-raising" won't attract any undue attention. Isn't this DUMB DUMB DUMB - we can do it, we just can't SAY we're doing it? Duuuuhhhh..........

DGD and I, accompanied by DS1 and DDIL, are leaving in 12 days for Utah to visit my Mom. DS hasn't been there in 21 years! DDIL has never been, and Mom hasn't met her Great granddaughter. Mom is extremely unnerved at the thought of anyone calling me "Gramma" - she actually asked me on the phone if that is what I am called! Ummm, that's affirmative Mom. Well, she had hoped if she ignored it, maybe I'm not quite as old as it seems and ergo, neither is she. Given her recent terminal diagnosis that was too sad to hear. I cried for an hour over that. Madeline who is 3 & 1/2, is excited about her first plane trip, and if the plane goes too fast she intends to "tell that guy to SLOW DOWN!" that guy is of course the pilot - ROFL - can you just see this indignant 3 year-old banging on the cockpit door yelling to slow down?? She won't have Mama or Daddy, just old Gramma so I hope the flight is not too traumatic.

This trip promises to be by turns wonderful and heartbreaking. How in the world do we ever learn to live with endings and loss? Will this be the last time we have 4 generations together? I can't fathom my granddaughter growing up not knowing that incredible woman, that's too strange for me to get my mind around it. Shoot - I plain can't imagine a world without her in it at all. <>

7 comments:

Leigh said...

I'll be thinking of Patti and her family and wishing good things for them

Michele Bilyeu said...

Many of us have posted prayer requests and I know the power is many times multiplied as a result. It breaks my heart to think how many babies we don't know about that need our prayers, as well. I am also praying for your mom, you, your family and the pilot. I am so happy you all get to be together, those memories are worth everything. Enjoy this without sadness or regrets for what will be. We can't stop time, but the pieces we do get to experience can sometimes last longer than the lifetimes, themselves.

Elaine Adair said...

Thnking and praying for that little baby.

On the other subject, at our Guild, we call it a Serindipity Quilt, and avoid the word "raffle" altogether. The Serindipity word, throws all the new members into confusion - have NO idea it is our raffle quilt. Go figure.

Nicole said...

I am so sorry to hear of the health issues in your family, and will absolutely include you in my prayers. Hang in there.

Fabricfaire said...

I can't emphasize enough how my prayers and prayers of others has guided me through some many tough situations and losses of dear ones and near losses of dear ones in my life. I have learned to accept what God has planned for me even if I don't understand the "whys". I leave it in "His" hands!
The lastest news on selling tickets is it is "OK" to say "raffle" at our guild!

Leslie said...

(((hugs)))

Patti said...

Our guild started dealing with verbage from the state gambling commission many years ago. We call ours the "opportunity quilt" - it works well and fits well.

I'm glad you are getting to go on this trip to visit your mom. May you find comfort in the time you get to spend together.