Monday, July 31, 2006

One persons' Trash.....


Is my treasure!
A friend of mine came across these blocks in her stash, that she hand stitched many years ago. She decided that she would never set them now, so was going to throw them away!! Thankfully she brought them to show me first. They are safely in my clutches now, and she has strict instructions to call me next time she goes on a cleaning binge. The stitching is exquisite, and the blocks are perfect. She is one that used to be a technician, but has now mellowed into an artisan. (Thanks to Jeanne over at Spiral) Now to figure out how to set them, and tackle the quilting. Of course I will have to quilt this one by hand, and it will be the biggest hand quilting project I've taken on yet. For now they'll sit and wait patiently while I finish some of my UFOs - at least 3 by Christmas. Heh heh heh -- anyone want to place a bet on this one?

3 comments:

Susan said...

What contemporary looking colors. You'd never guess they were sitting in her closet for years. Good rescue on your part!

Fabricfaire said...

You are a lucky girl!!! What a treasure. I will be looking forward to the completion of this one!

Anonymous said...

Wow, those blocks are so pretty! I can't believe your friend was going to toss them. See, one woman's trash is another's treasure!