Monday, December 22, 2008

Merry Christmas!

I had my Christmas early with my kids and Grands this past weekend, and of course it was fab-o! Meet the next Tom Cruise getting all Risky Business on us:
Oh man -- those two little boys are more fun than puppies. I got them matching HUGE Tonka trucks, and without a word they both immediately crawled in and sat down.
And of course, you have to have the obligatory kid-in-a-sack - it's just not Christmas without one!
My present to my boss and her husband is this quilt - a UFO from last year that never really had a future. Now tho - it's perfectly suits both their style and their colors, and I'm going to be thrilled to give it to them. Those two have been real friends and huge blessings to me - they've been supportive and encouraging thru out my bad dream of the past few months.
In better news -- MUCH better news --- I had a date this past Sunday! Oh gosh - to suddenly be 16 again - how funny! No doubt you, like me, have forgotten what a "first date" is like -- all nerves and worrying about what to wear! LOL! It's been a long long time, but nothing changed! So good for my battered psyche, I tell you. We had a wonderful, easy time - walked in the rain for probably an hour. I'm starting to believe that there's an end to this darkness, and 2009 will be terrific for me.
I hope your Holiday is everything you want it to be - Thanks for visiting!
Posted by Picasa

20 comments:

dot said...

Merry Christmas to you. What a wonderful quilt. If they don't like it I can send you my address. Enjoy the New Year.

Fabricfaire said...

I am sooo glad you are having some positive times! The Gkids sure are cute w/trucks! The quilt for your swell boss sure is a beauty! You must have had a "great" walk in the rain as it was a 37* rain over here!!! LOL

Saska said...

I think he's the next-generation Tom Cruise for sure!

The quilt is beautiful. I'm sure your boss and family appreciate it.

Congrats on the date. Sounded like fun! Take care of yourself!

~Bren~ said...

I am confident that 2009 will be your year!!
The quilt is gorgeous! Merry Christmas!!!!

Anonymous said...

What a great post to read!! Loved your pics, loved the date story and I think your UFO is beautiful!! I am glad it's going to a new home to people who sound like they deserve it!!

And yes, 2009 is going to be a great year for you!! It is at least heading that way and I only see clear sky in the horizon.....

:-)

Elaine Adair said...

Oh my, is that quilt really excellent! I hope they appreciate it's beauty.

And, are you the SuBee that everyone is talking about your Virginia Bound? It also is gorgeous.

Congrats on the date. Been there done that. Enjoy the journey! 8-)

Leslie said...

Will you call the quilt, "Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend". *giggle* Bet it feels great to border that puppy and give it a home. Hooray for flimseies!

Sweet P said...

Merry Christmas to you! The children look adorable. The sunglasses are fantastic.

I love the quilt. I bet your boss loves it too.

Congrats on the date. Trust me when I tell you life will get better. I'm hoping 2009 brings you many positive experiences.

black bear cabin said...

looks like everyone had a fun time...and oh my, is that quilt gorgeous! your boss is sure to love it!
as for the date.....woooohoooo! what fun!!! sounds like your new year will be full of joy and happiness!!!
peace to you!
lisajo

Pam said...

I hope you have a very Happy New Year and a wonderful 2009!!!

Merry Christmas!

Carol said...

A very Merry Christmas to you! What wonderful, wonderful news...I'm thrilled for you!

Angie said...

Merry Christmas! What a wonderful quilt! What cute little ones! Yep! Heart breaker for sure with those shades!

Purple Pam said...

What a cute aka Tom Cruise! Sounds like your future is looking up. Beautiful quilt. Wonderful pictures. See, that smiling stuff really works! Keep thinking ahead. Happy New Year in 2009!

Teresa said...

A beautiful quilt and sounds like you had a beautiful night. I do so hope you will have a wonderful 2009!

Kim said...

Happy New Year, SuBee! May 2009 be a MUCH better year for you! New year, new beginnings!

Michele Bilyeu said...

Sending you HAPPY HAPPY thoughts for this New Year! Miss you, woman!!!

julieQ said...

Happy New Year! A year of new beginnings and wonderful quilts. I love your diamond wonder!

Angela said...

Hope things are well for you. You hadnt posted for a bit and I was just checkin' in on you! Hugs.

Kim said...

Hey SuBee! I was thinking about you and wondering what you'd been up to, so I thought I'd drop by. I'm looking forward to an update soon!

Anonymous said...

Love that quilt. The boys are adorable too!