Monday, December 15, 2008

Progress at Last!

I finally got disgusted and bored enough that I tackled the sewing room instead of shutting the door. Remember this?

Ohhh man -- painful. There was a LOT more in that picture that you can't see - because I couldn't get to the other side of the room for a back shot! So Sunday I spent 6 solid hours - with only a couple short breaks - putting up shelves and lighting and unpacking.....and it's finally done to a state of usefulness.
The last bit to do will be to put up the design wall, but I was just too bushed to tackle it after everything else.
The window over the cutting table looks out onto the far back side of a schoolyard playground - very park like. Unpacking was a real treasure hunt! The idea behind my sudden move was speed, not finesse, so the boxes were interesting! My 3 quilty friends packed with love, and I wonder if they didn't have some giggles too, anticipating my un-packing? At any rate, it was actually fun - and there's still some stuff I can't find - but I know there's a couple more boxes buried in the garage. **sigh**
Setting up my original room happened over time, in bits and pieces so I never realized how much STUFF I have, or how much work to put together. I can't wait to get busy....
In other news - I continue my recovery, trying to stay occupied. I sure wish it wasn't Christmas, it would be a lot easier. I'm missing him and missing my home and missing all the wonderful Christmas traditions and missing all my extended family (in-laws) but I'll be seeing them soon. I skipped out on my guilds' Christmas party because it makes me too sad - I can deal pretty well if I stay out of stores and away from reminders and carols. I've tiptoed into church a few times to light candles and remember that even though He's not giving me what I want, He has MORE THAN given me what I need. I have a lot to be thankful for.  My best bud Cuervo continues to improve but still has a couple more weeks in his cage - it will be SO NICE to have him to snuggle again!
I hope everyone has a warm happy holiday, and thanks for visiting!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Su, your room looks wonderful and I am so glad Cuervo is better. Consider yourself hugged today.
Kathy G.

Fabricfaire said...

Wow, now I call this progress in the midst of calamity! Lookin'good gal! It is a "snowday" here! xoxo

Leslie said...

Love the pictures! Order out of chaos. Things can only get better...

Carol said...

Looks great! It's so wonderful to hear from you. You've made huge progress. Glad to hear Cuervo is doing better. Sending you good thoughts1

Anonymous said...

Hey, you are doing awesome getting that room ready to roll! Whoo hoo!! Can't wait to see what bright and happy project you choose to initiate the cheerful room with...

Be still know...He really is there, holding you tight.

Pam@
www.pamgwillim.com
info@pamgwillim.com

~Bren~ said...

Your studio is wonderful. Spending time in there will help with the healing. So glad to hear your sweet kitty is recovering.
Christmas is a season of joy for most, but for some it is harsh. I am praying for you, knowing you will get through it with grace, dignity, and love. Next year will be better, my friend.

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

It's looking much better - I am sure you will really enjoy sewing in your newly organized space!! Start some new holiday traditions - just for you - best advice I ever got once...
Cheers!
Evelyn

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh your room really made a wonderful transformation!

Teresa said...

(((SuBee)) I think you are doing great in getting through this tough time and you will get through this! Your room looks great.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to see you posting again. I was worried about you. I love the new studio!! And that it has a window that looks out onto a park (well, most of the time it would look like a park, and sometimes it will be a 'park' with lots of kids playing in it!!)

Don't expect the feeling you are having to dissappear overnight. I know you know that, but I also know it's hard to be alone when you are feeling alone. Well, you are not alone. And I am so glad to hear that Cuervo is on the mend and almost done with the cage. How is he liking it???
I wish you new traditons in your new home. Make this holiday your own - do things you have never done before, something that you might not have gotten around to before, something different. But most of all, do things that make you laugh and bring all the joy you have inside you out. And I know you have alot of joy, I can see it in your eyes everytime I come on here to see if you have added anything to your blog!! All the best, and Merry Christmas.

Angela said...

Healing is a journey. Your room looks great and it will help in your healing also. Take care.

Kim said...

I'm happy to see you're settling in and making your new house a home! I'm certain you'll find great inspiration and joy playing in your newly organized space!

Do what you want with this time, and make it what you want it to be. Continue the traditions that have true meaning to YOU and nurture your soul and make new traditions to carry into the future. And don't forget your friends. I'm sure there are many who are geographically close who want to spend time with you, and those of us "out here" who are very happy to visit and spend time in Blogland with you too!

black bear cabin said...

your room looks great! There's nothing like having a "special" place to create, and it looks like youve achieved the right atmosphere!
Happy Quilting!!!

elsie123 said...

Your sewing room looks terrific! Heck, I've been in my house 6 months now, and it doesn't look as good as yours.

Life can be full of change, but you're finding out just what you're made of, and all that you can do. Hang in there.

Purple Pam said...

Glad you have your sewing room together. Now you can get in there and create to your heart's content. Also glad to hear Cuervo is getting better. This time of year is especially hard for many of us. Remember, keep smiling, think happy thoughts, and think forward. You can do anything you set your mind to do. Have a great new year.

pwl said...

Your sewing room looks lovely! *Hugs* to you and scritches for Cuervo.

Saska said...

Your room looks good...and it looks good seeing you busy.

I'm still thinking about you!

Sue said...

Your room looks great! So organized and peaceful. I'm sure it will be inspiring you to sew a lot!