Thursday, January 17, 2008

More fabric goodies....

Ooooo--- love these blues! This box of yummies came from Thousand of Bolts: blues blues blues!

We have some friends getting married after a 35 year courtship - really! They painted their bedroom 4 shades of blue so I took the hint and dreamed up a blue quilt for them. These together with some darks I already have should do the trick. Meantime, I'm still trying to get this little quilt quilted, and suffering the slings and arrows of broken threads, again and again and again. Grrr.......
This morning my commute took 40 minutes instead of 30 because I shared the single lane in my direction with only 4 other vehicles, all the way. HOWEVER - each of those 4 wanted to go 45 mph!!! I'd get past one, and pretty soon come up on another. It's a beautiful ride in the morning, a 2-lane road past lakes and hills and rock formations - so nice. The fact that the commute traffic is all going the other direction is nice too! In 35 miles I might only share my lane with 4 or maybe 5 others. Very Nice...... except when they're crawling!! The drive is hard on my back though, and it's gaining on me. (the drive to my own clinic takes 10 minutes) When I got to work I mentioned that I may not make it all day, and just then someone came in and told me the air quality guys needed me at our own clinic, 38 miles back the way I just came. Groan..... OK, I for sure am not coming back - So, without even a cup of coffee I turn around and go all the way back. By the time I get to the clinic I've been sitting driving for over an hour, and just about frozen into a bent shape, like a 95 year old lady. The guy looked around, took a couple of pictures, didn't like what he saw and told me he'd have to come back, that it wasn't ready to test. AAArrrrggghhhh!!!! 5 minutes, all done. Hey Buddy, wanna see my fabric stash?
ROFLOL - - just kidding! My friend Leslie was here the other day, and 2 other friends popped by later, and all three of them tried hard not to stare, and didn't say a word. Hee hee -- actually, that and my beautiful Colt .45 in the wooden case next to it are in here because we have a "questionable" nephew that we see infrequently, like every 3 or 4 years, and when he comes over we hide anything valuable or sellable. Sad, but true. I've just been too lazy to put them back.
My nights of web shopping has led me to some "new" sites with great prices. I'll put together a list and post them to share. There's quite a few places with fabric selling for $5 and less, even 2 and 3. I still have a couple of boxes out there someplace to be delivered, and I'm not quite sure I remember what's in them! That makes it kind of a surprise present, doesn't it? Whoo-hoo!!
Saturday I get a sew day, I can hardly wait! A few friends will all come over here and we'll set up big tables and you know the rest. It will be so fun! I'll get my winter 4 season swap quilt done, then into the mail on Monday. Now, I'm going to catch up on bloggin -- see you in the funny papers!
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

dot said...

Now maybe we should all protect our fabric in this fashion. I think this is very American, the right to bear arms and protect our most precious property.

Unknown said...

Wow what a stash, all those yummy colours.

Quilting Pirate said...

I love Thousands of Bolts! I have found many fun things there cheap!! It's very bad for my addiction! :D

What a perfect way to build your stash!

Pam said...

I have a stash protector too, furry with claws...does the trick at my house, but I know where the back up protection is should I need it!

Pam@
www.pamgwillim.com

Darlene said...

Love the blues! We must protect our valuables. LOL

Susan said...

Good method of fabric protection.

Kim said...

I love that spools quilt you're working on, and I'm not usually a big fan of spools. What's the problem with the breaking threads? I had heard that the threads can dry out, and putting them in the freezer for a little bit helps. I tried it once when I had a similar problem and it worked great!

MARCIE said...

A little over protective of the stash, aren't you? But seriously, it does look fabulous!

Cher said...

nice stash enhancement!