Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Contrasts

For a week without much sewing, maybe 15 minutes here and there, I actually did get something accomplished. This is an expirement for me - colors totally out of my comfort zone. I'm a hot red/orange/yellow -and-all-colors-that-jump-at-you kinda gal. But one should never lock oneself into a corner, so once in awhile I color outside the lines.
I also believe why use 4 fabrics when 144 will do? But, I liked the graphic-ness of it. Every once in awhile I get the urge to do a 4 color quilt, heck, maybe I'll even finish it and call it a floor quilt for the new baby boys who will be here soon. I also finished off that Blah-Blah Baby Quilt and got it bound, labeled and boxed. Shoot -- the binding is the best part! It's all pieced, and you can't tell where I joined the ends, so I'm satisfied with that.
Now - the back is a bit better so I can get on with my next project!!! And quite contrary to what I just told you - this one will be electric blue, black and white.
Go figure!

4 comments:

Leigh said...

Pleased to hear the back is getting better. Sadly I can't see your pictures.

Quilting Pirate said...

wow, what a contrast indeed!! It's not my cup of tea either, but it did turn out nicely!

Fabricfaire said...

Well, a achy back can sure "tweak" your color wheel!! Nice,nice!

Ogden Pool Services said...

Grateful for shaaring this