Monday, July 28, 2008

Shhhh --

No pictures today - Sorry!  I really am working on quilty things, at least I'm trying to!  You know those days when you're all revved up, in the groove and ready to sew and create all day then the whole WORLD decides that's the day they need you more than anything?  Well, that was my weekend!  LOL - That phone started smoking by noon, scaring all the folks who dropped by.  I love love love having friends and family in my home - I waited a long time to be able to have that and it's a blessing - but sewing?  Heh - not so much.  Suddenly it's deadline time for quilt-show entry forms and I don't have anything ready!  ARK!  The peephole of time I had without company or phone calls I had to use to paint one of the decks, oh goody.   Is there anything on earth more fun than painting a deck in 90 degree heat?   Maybe changing sheets on built-in bunk beds?   How about this - a phone call in the dark of pre-dawn that opens with "This is Officer Smith from California Highway Patrol.  We have a report of horses in the road in your area  - will you check yours please?"   Oh crap.    That wakes you up real fast!  Ours did in fact get out last week - and gave us a heck of a fight to get them back.    Paco is a sheer genius at un-latching gates and finding loose boards, so getting a call like this isn't totally out of the blue.   In fact, CHP has our phone number because of an escape a couple of years ago!   So Hunny and I went flying outside to check, he to the east side and me to the west.   I went scampering around a corner and almost ran smack into Paco who was really surprised and reared up!  That startled me as I was skidding to a stop and I slipped and fell smack on my fanny, not far enough from where his sharp little hooves came down.   On my lower leg.   Oowwww!   Remember it's not quite light yet and everything is surreal and I was hoping none of this was happening and I'm sure Paco was thinking "How cool!  You came out to play!"  and now Hunny is calling to me - "I can't find them, we better get the truck!"   so I hollered back - "yea, get the truck and give me a ride back to bed, OK?"  Geeesh..... all that then we have to go clean up and face a Monday morning at work.   (giggle) I'm still having fun!  I like this new brain I found somewhere; nothing fazes it!    A nap would be nice tho - 0500 is kinda early to be in high gear.  Yaawwnn...

6 comments:

Teresa said...

OMG - What a night, or morning, you had! Glad you did not break anything in the fall.

Fabricfaire said...

Paco really didn't mean it, he was just going for a little walk!

KC Quilter said...

Oh, dear! Paco sounds just like my two cats--only bigger! It's always time to play--no matter what the time of day LOL! Hope you didn't injure anything in the fall.

Pam said...

Boy does that post bring back memories. We had horses when I was growing up -- Flicka and Peanut and I remember a number of times getting early morning phone calls and my dad going off to round of the escaped horses.

Have a good day at work!!

MARCIE said...

You are hilarious! Glad you are OK.

Lyn said...

Ahh Su Bee, I hope you are ok. My daughter has two horses and they are fovever getting into mischief, but escaping!!!!!!Good grief. Warmest Regards Lyn