Sunday, July 13, 2008

Lazy Weekends

I love the slow lazy days of summer with nothing pressing, nothing demanding attention and nothing getting in the way of doing, well, NOTHING! LOL! For all of the nothingness, I've really gottne a lot done. For starters, I finally got the sleeve done on the Siggie Quilt and hung it in the living room:
Fun, bright and colorful for summer, isn't it? Most of yesterday was given over to "chores" like laundry and picking up around the house, but for a few hours last night I went camping; LOL, yes, I said a few hours! DD and DGD are camping with friends at the lake a few miles from here, and they were anxious to have me come visit for dinner and Smores. Madeline is normally a fastadious little fashion plate, and prefers to be clean, just like her Mama, but camping means you're going to be dirty. That's just the way it is, and face it - a dirty kid is kind of charming!
The white smear across her nose is self-applied sunscreen, there's some dinner around her mouth, grubby little fists and plain old honest dirt smudges all over and she's pretty pleased with it all! A short time later tho, it turned to upset when her marshmallow flamed:
She huffed and puffed and it still wouldn't go out and OH the pain! It was tragic, I tell you! ROFL!! Ooops, excuse me. I really do try hard not to laugh at Small-Girl-Trauma, but c'mon! It's so cute! Ok, I confess, I didn't laugh out loud and I did help put out the fire and comfort my little chef. Then she toasted another totally perfect one and all was well again.
Back home today I tackled a BIG UGLY job that I've been putting off for a couple of years. I painted the exterior trim of the french doors in our bedroom - UGH!!! I really hoped Hunny would cave in to the whining, but alas he never did so I finally dove in. Actually it wasn't too bad; we got a good quality paint and top notch brush and those both made for a smooth easy job. I only did one coat because as it creeps up over the 90 degree mark outside, I hole up in the cool house! Still it looks a world better and I feel like I DID something. In the cool of the house I got my Summer FSQS ready to go to it's new home, to my swap partner ????????? who lives in ???????? (is it you?)
Now, after such a slow lazy weekend I'm going to pop a top and go see what the rest of you have been up to!
Thanks for visiting!
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Sweet P said...

Woohoo! You got your Siggie quilt done! It looks fantastic! Aren't you glad I inspired you to finish it?

Fabricfaire said...

Gee,camping by the hour...so fun.
Paint in this heat...you are brave!
Swap quilt is great,lucky whomever!

Kim said...

Now THAT's my kind of camping! Go and sit outdoors and eat, and then go back home for a nice shower and a clean bed! Why didn't I think of that?! ROFLOL!

Connie said...

Loved the pic of Madeline with the flaming marshmallow. Brings back lots of fun memories of drippin, sticky, dirt catching marshmallow roasting. :-}

Michele Bilyeu said...

Lazy Weekend? Look's like you've been busy to me, Missy Su B. Adorable g'daughter...fabulous eyes, cute little siggy quilt but wait....you 'un' retired? How does that work? Is 'unretired' some kind of conundrum...like your retirement plan ran out or you switched to the uncola.I go away for a quilt show and look at all of the things you have been un-upto!

Kristine said...

Your signature quilt is beautiful! I'd love to participate, should you ever find another one to do...

And that swap quilt is such a bite of summertime! Delicious!

Kristine

julieQ said...

I love your signature quilt, very pretty!

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Oh the drama of being a pre-schooler!, LOL - I can relate as my son is now 5 years old. Love how you used that big dot print for a border - I am always wondering how to use such prints!
Cheers!
Evelyn

Pam said...

It is nice to see your siggy quilt finished. I see my block in there :))

Sounds like a fun camping weekend - there is nothing as sad as a burnt marshmallow!!

Toni said...

I love your siggie quilt! Great job!

THANK YOU THANK YOU...I do love it Ms. Su Bee!! It fits soo perfectly in collection. I love it! The metallic threads were a great touch! It's shiney! :)

Thank you again, hun. I will treasure it--and the label too matey! :)