Sunday, August 06, 2006

Where I sew

I saw someone elses blog showing where she sews, and I like the idea of sharing where we do our creative things. Quilters really share ideas and inspire each other, and sure enough; I was inspired to clean up my space a little (sheepshish grin) and get to work:

To the immediate right of my chair is a large window, with computer underneath so I can swivel and do either. I can also use that computer table for extra sewing room. Now, this is what I'm working on: My design wall is nearly the whole wall, it's 2 full sheets of that foam insulation covered with cotton batting. The quilt in progress is for our guild show. Ahem. I was roundly chastised at our guild meeting that I hadn't entered a single thing for our upcoming show in October, and I offered the excuse of not having anything finished. NO excuse - sign it in and get 'er done! LOL -- OK, that should do it! So I have a few tops that need borders and quilting, and this is #1 . My goal today is get the borders on and maybe even start quilting, or at the very least marking. I have my little egg timer with me, so I'm setting it for snatches of time between loads of laundry & miscellanous Sunday type chores. I've been so reluctant to finish this one supposedly because I couldn't decide on borders, but really because I don't like Log Cabins. Wait, I should be specific - I don't like to MAKE Log Cabins. It was tedious, like washing dishes. So while I do still really like the colors and design, I'll never do that again!
I'll post again tonight with my progress......

3 comments:

Susan said...

Love your sewing area. Your table looks like my friend, Fran's. but yours isn't covered with junk that reduces the sewing space. =)

Patty said...

what a fantastic sewing room ! So organized and just lovely

Fabricfaire said...

Well, you raised the bar! Now I have to reoganized my sewing room stuff! ;D